Reimbursement codes for spirometry
National Average Medicare Physicians Fee Schedule Amounts: 70 Fed. Reg 681 32-68215 (2005)
- Billing codes and reimbursement for simple spirometry vary by state
- Spirometry CPT code 94010 (94060 if pre- and post-bronchodilator) with ICD-9-CM code representing symptoms elicted by history
- Cough (786.2)
- Simple chronic bronchitis (491.0)
- Mucopurulent chronic bronchitis (491.1)
- Acute bronchitis (466.0)
- COPD (496.0)
- Shortness of breath (786.05)
- Restrictive lung disease (515)
- Asthma (493.91)
- 2006 National Average reimbursement for office spirometry is $31.47 per procedure, and $52.46 for pre- and post-bronchodilator procedures.
NLHEP President, Brian Carlin, MD, will be representing NLHEP at the COPD8USA Conference in Chicago, IL June 14-15, 2013. Please seek out Dr. Carlin at the COPD Alliance booth or at one of his presentations. COPD8USA is dedicated to highlighting the changes in the current healthcare landscape and capitalizing on those changes to positively impact patient care. In order to address the new healthcare environment and educate physicians and healthcare providers about how to best utilize the new system to positively impact patient care, COPD8USA will include 3 tracks: Clinical, Research and Care Delivery. Visit http://www.copdconferencesusa.org/ for more information.
NLHEP is proud to sponsor the THOMAS L. PETTY LECTURE at the Aspen Lung Conference on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 in Aspen, CO. Dennis E. Doherty, M.D., FCCP,Secretary/Treasurer of NLHEP, will introduce the program entitled "ENVIRONMENTAL MICROORGANISMS AND LUNG HEALTH” presented by Erika von Mutius, M.D., Ph.D.,Professor of Pediatrics, Head, Asthma and Allergy Department, Munich University Children’s Hospital, University of Munich, Munich, Germany. Visit www.aspenlungconference.org for more information.